Navigate to Accounting Link to complete the following set up steps:
- From the Setup Menu, select Link To to select the format for the output file to be created. Options include a list of accounting applications to which to link, the Keystroke Standard Link, and the Keystroke Report.
- From the Setup Menu, select Parameters to enter the Parameters required for the selected Link To option. The parameters (output file location, name, Detail level, etc.) differ slightly depending on the Link To option selected.
- From the Setup Menu, select Posting Accounts to enter the Posting Account Numbers based on the Chart of Accounts from the selected accounting application.
- (Optional) - From the Setup Menu, select Inventory Departments to enter the Department Account Numbers from the selected accounting application.
- (Optional) - From the Setup Menu, select Payment Types to enter the Payment Type Account Numbers from the selected accounting application.
- From the Setup Menu, select Print Current Settings to print a report showing the currently saved Setup settings.
- From the Link Menu, select Sales, AR, Purch.... Enter the date/time range for the data to be transferred and select [OK] to create the output data file.
- In the accounting application general ledger, follow the instructions to import and post the journal entries from the output data file.
Note: The Accounting Link does not make adjusting journal entries for any changes made directly to the Inventory Database records nor does it make adjusting entries for any transactions that were previously posted. For Inventory Database records, it is recommended to use the Variance Module (Database Manager, Special, Variance) to adjust inventory quantities. For Transactions, it is recommended to enter Void (Reversing) transactions. These transactions will post in the new posting period.
Accounting Link Contents