The Category Database is used to manage information about Inventory Categories. Each category record includes two screens: Main Screen, Custom Data Screen. Categories are used to group similar Inventory Items and are commonly used to identify "sub-Department"
A Category record should be created for each categorical grouping. Special attention should be paid to the Script field. The Script field is used to attach a Category Script (an Inventory record with a Script(s)) that will run when any item in the Category is entered on a transaction. If the item's Location does not have a Script, but the Category does, Keystroke will use the Category Script, but not the Department Script (Keystroke will only use a Department Script if the item's Location and Category do not have Scripts).
Special attention should be paid to the Minimum Age field. Minimum Age is the Customer's minimum age required to purchase items in the Category. If the item's Department and/or Location also have a Minimum Age, Keystroke will use the highest age.
To assign an item to a Category, select the item's Category field from the Inventory Main Screen and press [INS] to choose the Category from the Look up List. Press [F10] to save the change to the Inventory record.
- Department 01 / Category A= Hiking
- Department 01 / Category B= Running
- Department 01 / Category C= Cross-training
- Department 02 / Category D= Tops
- Department 02 / Category E= Bottoms
- Department 02 / Category F= Accessories
- Department 03 / Category G= Rifles
- Department 03 / Category H= Shotguns
- Department 03 / Category I= Handguns-semi auto
- Department 03 / Category J= Handguns-revolvers
There are 2 Category Database Screens (use the Database screen buttons in the lower right or press [F9] to navigate through the screens):
Custom Data Screen
Database Manager Contents