The Vantiv(Mercury) Authorization Method Type provides the ability to handle EMV payments when processing through Vantiv(Mercury). It uses a separate set of programs provided by Vantiv and Datacap with which Keystroke communicates directly. When Keystroke is installed, the controls dsiEMVX.ocx and dsiPDCX.ocx are placed in the Windows\DatacapControls\ folder. In order to process payments with EMV through Vantiv(Mercury), the driver for the PIN Pad to be used and the NETePay for Vantiv(Mercury) program must also be installed (see the Keystroke Update Installer).
When processing a payment, the program/data path is as follows:
1) Keystroke makes a payment request to the dsiEMVX.ocx control (or dsiPDCX.ocx in some cases).
2) The control then uses the PIN Pad Driver to communicate with it and gather the payment information.
3) The control communicates with the NETePay for (Vantiv)Mercury program to process the payment (similar to how the Keystroke Payment Module (KeyPay) works).
4) The control returns the response to Keystroke.
5) Keystroke displays the response info, prints receipts, and then saves the information it needs for future use and reports.
At no time does Keystroke have access to the actual card/account information.
After installing the PIN Pad driver and the NETePay for Vantiv(Mercury) program, use the Configuration Manager - Hardware - PIN Pad function to select the Vantiv(Mercury) w/ EMV device to be used. The PIN Pad Port option defaults to COM9 (which is the default for the USB version). The Test PIN Pad button can then be used to test the communications (NETePay must be running on the same machine for this test).
If using a PIN Pad with Signature Capture device, also use the Configuration Manager - Hardware - Signature Capture function to select the Vantiv(Mercury) w/ EMV device.
Downloading EMV Parameters - When installing a new device and from time to time on an existing device, the EMV Parameters need to be updated. This is done automatically when EMV payments are processed but may need to be done manually (especially when installing a new device). To manually force the download of the EMV parameters, use the Test PIN Pad button on the Configuration Manager - Hardware - PIN Pad function and answer Yes when asked to Download EMV Parameters to Device.
Once the device is working correctly, navigate to the Configuration Manager - Tables - Sales Payment Types function, select the Credit Card payment to be used, and click the Auth Method button to assign one of the "Vantiv(Mercury) with a Card Type of EMV Credit/Debit" Authorization Methods to the payment.
Vantiv(Mercury) Authorization Method Setup for Credit/Debit:
- Select Authorization Methods from the Configuration Manager - Tables Menu, then select MercEMV (or select [Add New Method] to create a new Authorization Method, then enter an appropriate name such as MercCC).
Merchant ID - is provided by Vantiv.
Server Address - should be left at 127.0.0.1 if running NETePay on a single workstation, otherwise enter the IP Address for the machine that is running NETePay for all workstations.
Server Port Number - should be left at 9000.
Card Type - set to EMV Credit/Debit.
Name on Select Pay List - may be used to replace the name of the first Sales Payment Type using this Auth Method on the Select Payments List on the Complete Sale Screen. The Ampersand (&) character can be used to include the actual payment name if needed.
Card # Display Width - defines the width of the credit card number field and is set to 30 by default.
Show Verify Card Button - displays the Verify Card button used to verify the card is a valid card.
Prompt for Manual Entry - displays the manual credit card entry screen on the PIN Pad.
Allow Cash Back on Device - If enabled and the card used allows for cash back, the Pin Pad device displays the Cash Back screen where the Customer can select the amount of cash back (if any). Available for the "EMV Credit/Debit" and "EBT-Cash Benefits" Card Types.
Enter Gratuity on Device - allows the Customer to enter the gratuity on the PIN Pad.
Disable OK amount prompt - the OK Amount screen on the PIN Pad is skipped .
Decline Partial Auth (should be off) - it is mandated by the Card Brands that this setting be left off for most types of stores (i.e. you must Allow Partial Auths).
Skip Approved Message - bypasses messages for approved cards. Declined card messages are still displayed. If there is no print button for the payment and the payment is approved, this setting also skips the Ok button (works the same as if there was an Automatic Print Button with Print and Continue turned on).
Capture Signature - if using a signature capture device, turn it ON.
Skip if Amount Under - use to enter the amount under which a signature is not required.
No Automatic Print Button - If no Print Buttons are defined for the Sales Payment Type, the program normally automatically adds a print button for the payment (this is required by EMV specifications so that an EMV receipt is always printed). This may be disabled by turning on the No Automatic Print Button setting. However, the merchant agreement should be checked first to make sure this does not put the store in violation.
Entry Device - set to PIN Pad.
Payment Mappings - Vantiv(Mercury) Authorization Methods that have the Card Type setting set to EMV Credit/Debit include a Payment Mappings button. Any payments included in this mapping is not shown on the Complete Sale Screen - Select Payment Type list in Sales Manager. The payment is assigned to them based on the response from Vantiv(Mercury) which allows separate payments (e.g. VISA, MasterCard, Amex, etc.) to be automatically selected based on the card used instead of based on the Clerk selecting it before hand. If the payment mapping does not match the card, the selected payment is used.
Select [Ok] or press [F10] to save the settings.
Note: If the Enter Gratuity on Device setting is enabled and the Show Gratuity setting on the Sales Payment is enabled, then the Gratuity can either be entered by the Clerk before processing the card or by the Customer during the process. However, since the Customer is asked for the tip amount, the gratuity cannot be added on after the payment is first processed. Leave the Enter Gratuity on Device setting disabled on the Authorization Method to allow the Clerk to enter the Gratuity either before or after the card has been processed.
Vantiv(Mercury) Authorization Method Setup for Gift Cards:
- The Gift Card payment type(s) is displayed on the Sales Payment list in Sales Manager separately from Credit/Debit.
- Use the MercGift Authorization Method for Gift Card Sales Payment Type(s) and Gift Card Triggers.
- Enter the Merchant ID supplied by Vantiv and the Server Address as above.
- It is not necessary to use Server Port Number: 9100. Keystroke will work with either port 9000 or port 9100.
- Set the Card Type to Gift Card.
Vantiv(Mercury) Authorization Method Setup for EBT (Food Stamps and/or Cash Benefits):
- The EBT payment type(s) are displayed on the Sales Payment list in Sales Manager separately from Credit/Debit.
- Use the MercEBTF Authorization Method for EBT Food Sales Payment Types.
- Use the MercEBTC Authorization Method for EBT Cash Benefits Sales Payment Types.
- Turn ON the Show Check Balance button to access the Balance Check function.
- Enter the Merchant ID supplied by Vantiv and the Server Address as above.
- Set the Card Type to the appropriate EBT option (EBT-Food or EBT-Cash Benefits).
- Enable the Show Check Balance button to access the Balance Check function for EBT cards.
Sales Payment Type Setup:
Note: It is very important that the FIRST processed Payment on the Sales Payment Type list in Configuration Manager MUST be a credit/debit payment type. The list in Sales Manager displays that first payment name and hides the other credit/debit payment types based on the Payment Mappings (see below) on the Authorization Method. The first processed payment in the list in Configuration Manager cannot be a Gift Card or EBT payment type. It may be a new generically named payment like Credit/Debit or an existing credit or debit payment type may be used. Reorder the Sales Payment Types list as necessary.
- Select Sales Payment Types from the Configuration Manager - Tables menu and select the desired Sales Payment Type.
Turn ON the following flags:
- Available on Sales
- Available on ROA Payments (optional)
- Show Auth Field (optional, but NOT recommended)
- Show Exp. Date Field
- Start in Reference Field
- Parse Reference
- Always Mask Ref/ExpDate (optional but recommended)
- Purge Ref/ExpDate Immediately (optional, KeyPay automatically purges after 72 hours).
- Set the [Method] to the appropriate Authorization Method (e.g., KPCREDIT).
- Select [Ok] or press [F10] to save.
Note: Vantiv(Mercury) EMV Payments must have payment only receipts printed as soon as they have been processed (or declined or voided). Use the Payment Print Buttons to set them up.
Note: Vantiv(Mercury) EMV transaction receipts do not include the EMV Payment information automatically printed on them (as they do with payments processed with Cayan Genius) because that information is printed on the payment receipts. The EMV info can still be printed if those field are added to the transaction receipts.
Note: For additional installation and configuration details for setting up the Verifone VX805, see the VerifoneVX805InstallInstructions.pdf file located in the \Doc folder under the Keystroke installation folder (normally C:\Keystroke\Doc\).
Note: For additional installation and configuration details for setting up the Ingenico iSC250, see the IngenicoISC250InstallInstructions.pdf file located in the \Doc folder under the Keystroke installation folder (normally C:\Keystroke\Doc\).
Configuration Manager Contents