A Signature Capture device (most include a PIN Pad) allows the Customer to enter their signature during a Sales Transaction for authorizations of Credit Cards, Debit Cards, Gift Cards and In-House On account payments. They can be used with Card Swipe devices, PIN Pads, Signature Capture Only devices, or On Screen Tablet Devices.
Signatures are stored with the payment in the transaction data files. The signature is stored using a slightly encrypted format and is not directly readable by other programs. If necessary, the signature can be viewed and printed from the Edit Payment box by pressing the [Enter] or [F3] key on the payment in the Payments Tendered list of the Complete Sale screen.
When the [Enter] or [F3] key on the payment is pressed, the "This payment was captured..." warning screen is displayed. Answering Yes to edit the payment displays the Edit Payment screen. If the payment has an attached signature, the Edit Payment box displays a [Signature] button with the signature's ID next to it. Selecting the [Signature] button opens the Report Viewer window and displays information about the payment and signature, including a graphical representation of the captured signature. The Report Viewer window may be used to print the signature.
Captured signatures can also be printed on Receipts, Invoices, and Statements. Some forms that include captured signatures are:
Receipts: STARSIG.NVC, STARSIGF.NVC
Invoices: KSPSIGL.NVC, KSPSIGX.NVC
Statements: KSPSIG1.SMT, KSPSIG2.SMT, KSPSIG3.SMT
Note: If a payment has a signature attached to it, the date or time of the payment may not be changed because this information is included in the signature capture data.
Keystroke supports the use of the following Signature Capture devices:
- Cayan Genius: Cayan Genius Setup Instructions
- WorldPay(Mercury) Lane7000 w/ EMV: Lane7000 Setup Instructions
- WorldPay(Mercury) iSC250 w/ EMV: iSC250 Setup Instructions
On Screen (Tablet PC): no installation required, simply works with touch screens.
- Topaz Signature Capture Only device (OPOS): Topaz Setup Instructions
- Ingenico iSC250/350 (KeyPay - no EMV): iSC250 Pre-EMV Setup Instructions
Generic OPOS: OPOS installation driver provided by manufacturer
- Ingenico en-Touch 1000 (OPOS+): OPOS installation driver provided by manufacturer
To use a Signature Capture device:
- Select Signature Capture from the Configuration Manager - Hardware menu.
- Select the Signature Capture Type from the list.
In the Authorization Method, select Card Reader as either:
- PIN Pad - when using a Vantiv(Mercury) Authorization Method Type
- PIN Pad - Card Swipe Only (for Credit Card/Gift Card payments not needing a PIN)
- PIN Pad - DUKPT Encryption (for ATM/Debit/EBT payments that require a PIN)
Note: On machines that do not have a Signature Capture device connected, the Signature Capture should be disabled using the SIGCAPOFF Startup Switch.
Configuration Manager Contents