An Authorization Method must be configured and attached to each appropriate Sales Payment Type(s). A single Authorization Method may be assigned to multiple Sales Payment Types (Visa, MC, Amex).
KeyPay Authorization Method Setup:
- Select Authorization Methods from the Configuration Manager - Tables Menu, then select KPCredit (or select [Add New Method] to create a new Authorization Method, then enter an appropriate name such as KeyPayCC).
- The Status File Location identifies the location of the file KPStatus.TMP used by Keystroke to identify how to process payments. If left blank, the program will use the current data directory. It is recommended to leave this field blank.
- The Server Address is the TCP/IP address of the machine where KeyPay is running. Keystroke typically gets this information from the Status file. It is recommended to leave this field blank. If the firewall blocks most addresses or there are two network adaptors in use, it may be necessary to specify the server address.
- The Server and Local Port Numbers is the TCP/IP port used for processing payments on the machine where KeyPay is running and the local machine running Keystroke. It is recommended to leave these fields blank (0). If the firewall blocks ports it may be necessary to specify the port number. As long as the KeyPay Status File (KPStatus.TMP) is in the Keystroke Data folder, leave the fields above blank (0 for Port Numbers) and the program will get the information from the KPStatus.TMP file as it needs it.
- The Settings ID field is used to identify which settings in KeyPay are to be used to process the request. Leave this field blank to use the default settings in KeyPay (which work for most installations). Multiple settings are needed only if processing using multiple Merchant ID installations.
- Set the Type to the appropriate option (Credit Card, Purchase Card, Debit (ATM/PIN), etc.) and select [Ok] to save.
- Set the Card # Display Width to 30.
- If set up as an EBT Type, turn ON the Check Balance button to access the Balance Check function for EBT cards.
- If set up as a Mail Order/Telephone Order business, turn ON Verify Address and Verify Zip, otherwise leave these fields blank.
- If planning to enter the CVV2 number printed on the back of the Credit Card, turn ON CVV2 Verification. This is normally used with Manually Entered Only (when the card won't swipe).
- If Manually Entered Only is turn ON, the Verify Address and Verify Zip setting are used only on manually entered cards.
- If using a signature capture device, turn ON OK Amount (Uses SigCap) to allow the Customer to OK the amount using a Signature Capture Device (optional).
- If using a signature capture device, turn ON Signature Capture.
- Use Skip if Under Amount to enter the amount under which a signature is not required.
- Turn ON Skip Approved Message to bypass messages for approved cards. Declined card messages are still displayed.
- Use Pay List Prefix to enter information to add to the payment name that appears on the Select Payment list when completing a sale (or ROA Payment). The text entered in this field is added to the beginning of the payment name. Placing the & (ampersand) character at the beginning of the prefix will cause it to be added to the end of the payment name instead. Note: this feature is designed to be used with the iSC250 PIN Pad when different merchant accounts are used for different payments (e.g. MOTO vs. Retail).
- Set the Card Reader to None or Wedge if using a Keyboard Wedge Device. Select PIN Pad - Card Swipe Only if using a PIN Pad Device for Credit Cards. Note: If accepting ATM/Debit Cards, a second Authorization Method must be setup, typically using PIN Pad - DUKPT Encryption.
- Select [Ok] or press [F10] to save the settings.
Sales Payment Type Setup
- Select Sales Payment Types from the Configuration Manager - Tables menu and select the desired Sales Payment Type.
Turn ON the following flags:
- Available on Sales
- Available on ROA Payments (optional)
- Show Auth Field (optional, but NOT recommended)
- Show Exp. Date Field
- Start in Reference Field
- Parse Reference
- Always Mask Ref/ExpDate (optional but recommended)
- Purge Ref/ExpDate Immediately (optional, KeyPay automatically purges after 72 hours).
- Set the [Method] to the appropriate Authorization Method (e.g., KPCredit).
- Select [Ok] or press [F10] to save.
Note: for additional installation and configuration details, see the ConfiguringKeystrokeWithKeyPay.pdf file located in the \Doc folder under the Keystroke installation folder (normally C:\Keystroke\Doc\ConfiguringKeystrokeWithKeyPay.pdf).
KeyPay - General Information
Where to Install KeyPay Software
Installing KeyPay Software from the Keystroke Update Installer
Setting Up the KeyPay Service