The Archive To Save Parameter defines the Transaction Type to which the original transaction is copied when it is converted to another Transaction Type. A copy of the original transaction is saved for reference.
When set to None, the Archive Feature is disabled. Copies of original transactions are not saved to any archive.
Warning: All Transaction Types that accept payments and have the Delete Completed Transaction Save Parameter disabled should be Archived! If the transaction is just deleted, and is not archived, then the payment history is lost and the payments transferred to the invoice will be out of balance. The following warning message is displayed when leaving the Save Parameters screen if Archive To is set to None and Delete Completed Transaction is disabled: "Warning: Deleting a Completed Transaction without Archiving it will cause the payments on it to be lost! This can result in unbalanced account Link postings and Closeout reports. Do you want to ignore this warning and proceed anyway? [Yes] [No] [Cancel]"
When set to a Transaction Type, the Archive Feature is enabled and original transactions are saved to the selected Archive setting. Available Archive setting options include only Transaction Types that save data to KSTR####.DAT files. A Transaction Type cannot Archive To itself.
When the Archive feature is enabled, it saves Archive copies of transactions under the following conversion circumstances:
- Manual Only - When manually converting a transaction while editing it.
- Fully Tendered - When fully tendering a transaction while editing it.
- Items Shipped - When a transaction is converted because it is fully shipped.
To set the Archive To Parameter for a Transaction Type:
- Select Transaction Type from the Configuration Manager Settings menu.
- Select the Transaction Type from the list.
- Select Save Parameters on the Transaction Type setup screen.
- On the Save Parameters screen, select Archive To.
- Select the appropriate Transaction Type from the list. Only Transaction Types that save data to the KSTR####.DAT file are included on the list. The default setting is Archive To - Archives
- Press [Enter] or [F10].
X = ON
blank = OFF
Switch ON and OFF using SpaceBar
Sales Transaction Types
Configuration Manager Contents