The Save Payments To This File setting defines the alternate Data File as the file to which to save Payments for the Sales Transaction Type.
This setting appears only when an alternate transaction Data File has been selected. By default, Payments are saved to the standard transaction file even when an alternate transaction Data File has been selected.
Enable the Save Payments To This File setting save the Sales Transaction Type's payments to the alternate Data File (in addition to the transactions themselves). When this setting is enabled, a message is displayed prompting to move previous Payments to the new file.
- Payments for the Transaction Type are saved to the alternate transaction Data File.
- Payments do not appear on the Payments Report, are not included in Closeouts, are not posted in the Accounting Link.
- When the transaction is converted, the payment is copied and the transaction is assigned the new transaction date.
- Payments for the Transaction Type are saved to the standard transaction data file.
Note: This setting should be enabled only if the Transaction Type's Payments:
- Are not really made at the time the transaction is entered.
- Will be made when the transaction is converted to another Transaction Type.
For example, this setting could be enabled for Recurring Transactions that do require a Payment Type which requires an Authorization Method (such as a credit card) because the Authorization Method attempts to obtain authorization when the the payment is entered and not when the transaction is converted.
Sales Transaction Types Setup Screen
Configuration Manager Contents