There are two basic ways for Keystroke to connect to a network printer:
1- Use the Windows Printer Driver
- on the Printer Setup screen, use the [Drivers] button to select the Windows Driver from the list of available Drivers.
- on the Printer Setup screen, use the [Port] button to select the desired Printer from the Windows Printers option.
2- Use a Keystroke Printer Driver and use the Port settings to establish the network connection. There are three basic methods:
- Capture a Printer Port and then Select the Port from list (LPT1:, LPT2:, etc).
- Capture a Printer Port, select File from the Port List, and type the Port Name (lpt1., lpt2., etc.).
- Select File from the Port List and then enter the Printer's Network Path and Name (\\REGISTER\RECEIPT).
Creating and Customizing Printer Drivers
Printer Forms Run Command
Printer Setup Screen
Selecting a Windows Driver
Using Windows Printer Drivers
Configuration Manager Contents