The Quick Save Entry Parameter defines the Sales Transaction Type used by the Quick Save function.
The Quick Save function provides a way to instantly save a transaction by pressing [Shift]+[F10] (or selecting the Save On Hold touch button). Quick Save is normally used when a transaction is interrupted for any reason. It allows the Clerk to continue to make sales and complete the interrupted transaction later (by accessing it with the Quick Load function).
To quickly open and complete interrupted transactions, Quick Save and Quick Load should be set to the same Sales Transaction Type. The default Sales Transaction Type for both Quick Save and Quick Load is On Hold.
To avoid problems, the On Hold Sales Transaction Type is set to have no Minimum Payment and always convert to a Sale Invoice when completed. To use Quick Save while editing a transaction, the current transaction (typically a Sales Invoice) must be able to manually convert to the Quick Save type (typically On Hold).
To set this parameter:
- Select Parameters from the Sales Manager Transaction Menu.
- Select Entry.
- Select the Quick Save button on the Entry Parameters screen.
- Choose the desired Sales Transaction Type from the list of Enabled Sales Transaction Types.
- Select [OK] or press [F10] to save.
Note: Quick Save does not function correctly if:
- The Clerk does not have the security to save the Quick Save Transaction Type.
- The Quick Save Transaction Type automatically converts to another Transaction Type.
- The Quick Save Transaction Type has a Minimum Payment requirement which is not met.
Sales Entry Parameters
Sales Manager Contents