To quickly run a report:
Select the desired type of report from the Report Manager Menu options (Sales, Database, Purchases, Inventory, Matrix, or Tables) to open the Report Settings screen. If at least one report has been previously saved using the [Add New Settings] function, the Report Settings screen is displayed. Select the desired report to display the Report Options screen, verify or edit options as needed, then select OK or press [F10] to run the report. If a Starting/Ending Date/Time Range are required, the Date/Time Range screen is displayed. Enter the desired date/time information and select OK or press [F10] to run the report.
If the [Add New Settings] function has not yet been used, the Report Settings screen is skipped the Report Options screen is displayed immediately. Verify or edit options and run the report as described in the previous paragraph.
The Reports Saved Settings screen displays the following information:
- The [Add New Settings] button is used to display the new Report Settings screen.
- The Last Used entry is used to run the report with the report options used when the report was last run.
- When required, the Local Settings section containing reports available for only the current Register and to Clerks with sufficient security.
- When required, the Shared Settings section containing reports available for all Registers and to Clerks with sufficient security.
Different report formats are available and may be edited if required by using the Form Button on the Report Options screen to display the list of available report formats, and then pressing [F3] to open the selected report with the Report Editor.
Note: Report selection and editing use the same functions as Label selection and editing.
To set up a Report Group (a collection of saved reports that run when the Report Group is run):
- From the Report Manager Cue Menu, select Setup, Report Groups. Use the [Add New Report Group] option to display the Edit Report Group screen.
- On the Edit Report Group screen, enter a Report Group name in the Name field by which to refer to this Report Group in the future (to run or edit it).
- Assign the Report Group Type. Local Report Groups are available only at the current Register and are listed directly below [Add New Report Group]. Shared Report Groups are available to all Registers are listed below the Local Groups in the Shared Groups section.
- In the Reports (Saved Settings) box on the Edit Report Group screen, press [Ins] to open the Report Settings screen, select a saved report and press [Enter] to add it to the Report Group.
- Repeat the previous step to add other saved reports to the Report Group until all desired reports have been added.
- Select the OK button or press [F10] to save the Report Group.
To Run a Report Group:
- From the Report Manager Cue Menu, select Run, Reports Groups. Select a Report Group and press [Enter] to run it.
Recommended end of day reports:
The following is a list of recommended "end-of-day" reports that all retailers should (or should at least consider) running each day. These reports can be setup, saved, and easily run together by grouping them together in a Report Group.
1. Sales Tax: Summary & Detail
2. Profit: Summary & Detail
3. Receivables: A/R Summary, and Aging
4. Transactions: Summary Only (select multiple forms to show how averages can be seen)
1. Transactions: Summary only (to be used with accounting programs)
2. Vendor Activity: Summary Only
3. Open Orders: Only use if retailer has backorders with vendors.
Inventory Database Reports:
1. Quick Look Inventory QOH report -No Group By -use Totals w/Profit form.
2. Grouping by Department: Detailed use Totals w/Profit form
3. Grouping by Department: Summary use Totals w/Profit form.
4. Grouping by Vendor: Detailed use the Critical List-Qty to Order form.
Inventory Sales Analysis & History Reports:
1. Sales Analysis: NO 1st Grouping, 2nd Grouping by Department or Category or Location, Summary, turn ON Sold Items Only, use the Cost & Profit form.
2. Sales Analysis: NO 1st Grouping, 2nd Grouping by Department or Category or Location, Detailed, turn ON Sold Items Only, use the Cost & Profit form.
3. Sales Analysis: NO 1st Grouping, NO 2nd Grouping, Inventory, Sort By- set to Quantity Sold, turn ON Sold Items Only, use the Cost and Profit form (Max # of Inventory items can be used to limit the report to the top # selling items).
4. Sales Exceptions: Line Item Markdowns do not turn on overrides only.
5. Sales Returns.
A Recommended Saved Report (not part of the end of day Report Group):
The Inventory Sales History report can be set up to analyze sales of specific items of interest/concern by setting the Inventory button-Print button to Individual (rather to All). When set up this way and run, the report displays a list of Inventory items from which to choose.
Note: Report Groups may be run from outside of the Keystroke software by running Keystroke\KSR.EXE. KSR.EXE may be run via a batch file or can be called by/from another program, and therefore, may also be scheduled to run at a specific time (for example, from the Windows Scheduler). This enables, for example, the ability to run an end of day Report Group to automatically print all of the end of day reports to a laser printer at 6pm.
Report Manager Contents