After setting up the Biometrics Reader hardware, Clerks must scan and save their fingerprints for use.
The Change Password function is used to scan and save fingerprints. Once a Clerk has logged in, they may access the Change Password function in the Utilities Menu. Select the [Biometrics] button on the Change Password screen to display the Capture Biometrics function for adding fingerprint scans.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Adding Fingerprint Scans:
- Each Clerk must setup their own Fingerprint Scans.
- Log in and enter password.
- Select Change Password from the Utilities Menu.
- Select the Biometrics button on the Change Password screen.
- Select Add New Scan on the Capture Biometrics screen.
- Keystroke will prompt to "Proceed with Enrollment Scan..."
- Press a finger to the reader scan surface using slight pressure. The unit will flash brightly. Repeat this step a minimum of four times using the same finger each time.
- After four successful scans, Keystroke confirms that "New Biometrics Data has been saved to Clerk #x". Select OK.
- Select Close on the Capture Biometrics screen.
- Select Cancel on the Change Password screen unless a password change is desired.
The Clerk's fingerprint may now be used as defined by the Biometrics Reader hardware parameter settings.
Note: Password change is not required to add a Fingerprint Scan
Hardware - Biometrics Reader
Configuration Manager Contents