The Field Merge function, [F8], is used to copy the information from a single field on a previous record to the same field on the current record. This is virtually the same as using the Windows Copy/Paste function except that Keystroke remembers every field on the previous record so [F8] may be used in any/multiple field(s) on the current record with out the need to return to the previous record to copy other field information.
To use Field Merge
- Navigate to the record from which the information is to be copied.
- Navigate to the record into which the information is to be pasted.
- Select the field for which information should be pasted.
- Select Field Merge from the Record menu or press [F8]. The information from the corresponding field in the previous record is copied to the same field in the current record.
- To copy information from/to another field, select the field in the current record use Field Merge or press [F8] again.
Database Manager Contents