Check Readers read MICR data from checks. They may be used to authorize payments by check if the Authorization Method is set to use a MICR reader.
To use a Check Reader:
- Select Check Reader from the Configuration Manager Hardware menu.
- Select the Reader Type option to choose from the supported Check Reader models. Supported Check Readers include: Keyboard Wedge, IBM4610 Printer, Axhiom A721 Printer, and Epson TM600III.
- Select the Port option to choose the port to which the Check Reader is connected.
Setting an Authorization Method to use a MICR Reader
- Add an Authorization Method.
- Select the Authorization Type.
Authorization Types that work with a Check Reader include: KeyPay and In-House List w/ MICR Reader.
Using MICR Input with an In-House List
- Decide what type of In-House List to use.
- Add an Authorization Method using the In-House w/ MICR Reader type.
- Enter the References for the Customers to be listed. The references should be in MICR format.
- The MICR code consists of three parts:
The Transit and Account parts identify the Customer's account.
The Check part identifies the specific check.
Replace the Check part of the Code with an * (to ignore the check number).
For example, T1234567A0987654C* identifies the Customer by Transit (1234567) and Account (0987654) Number and to ignore the check number (following the C).
Note: Consult the documentation for the Check Reader to learn what it's MICR output looks like.
Configuration Manager Contents