The Export function enables data to be exported from Keystroke to ASCII quote/comma delimited or tab delimited files. The Export function may also be run from outside of the system using KSExport.EXE. To learn more about KSExport.EXE, see \Doc\KSExport.txt.
Note: Data exported to files with the .CSV and .TXT file extensions using the Quote/Comma Delimited format option may be opened using a spreadsheet program like Microsoft Excel.
To export data:
- Select Export from the Configuration Manager File Menu.
- Select the type of data to be exported (see the list below).
- Select the record sort order (applies to Database data only).
- Select the type of file export format (delimiter option). Quote/Comma data is enclosed within quotes and separated by commas. Tab-delimited data is separated by tabs.
- Enter the Date Range (applies to Transaction data only).
For Database exports, the following additional options are available:
- Start String & End String Range
- Include Hidden Records
- Include Header Record (Field Titles)
- Include Non-Importable Fields
- Enter the name of the file to be export in the File Name field on the OutPut File screen. If an optional path is not included, the Export File is created in the Keystroke installation folder (C:\Keystroke by default).
- Select [Ok] to export the data or select [Cancel] to view the previous screen in the Export process.
Types of data available for Export:
Sales Transactions (if enabled):
Payments Received (Sales)
Payments Made (Purchases)
Time Clock Entries
Alternate Inventory Codes
Alternate Customer Codes
Alternate Vendor Codes
Scripts - for use with the Data Importer - Scripts function
Sales Transaction Types
- - - PRICE - - -
- - - TAXES - - -
- - - COMMISSION - - -
- - - MATRIX - - -
- - - PAYMENTS - - -
Parameters available when exporting Databases include:
Include Hidden Records: When enabled, records that have been marked as Hidden are exported. Use FLAGS=8 with KSExport.EXE (see \Doc\KSExport.txt).
Include Header Record (Field Titles): When enabled, one record (commonly referred to as a header line) is added at the beginning of the export file with a field title/label for each field exported. Use FLAGS=1 with KSExport.EXE (see \Doc\KSExport.txt).
Include Non-Importable fields: When enabled, additional fields that are not saved with the record but are determined from it are also exported (e.g. Parent Description on an inventory item is not saved, but the Parent Stock Number is, thus the Parent Description can be exported). These fields include the complete list of fields that are available on database reports. Use FLAGS=4 with KSExport.EXE (see \Doc\KSExport.txt).
Comments: Use the following options to exclude the "Printable" or "Non-Printable" portion of the Comment field when exporting a database (e.g. Inventory). The vertical bar key ("|" aka pipe character, entered by pressing [Shift+Backslash]) in a comment field is used to specify which portion is "Printable" on a form (e.g. Receipt or Invoice) and which portion is not printable on a form. An example of usage for the portion that is not printable would be as a special long description to be uploaded to a Web or eCommerce site. When the "|" character is included, the text before it is "Printable" on forms while the text after it is considered "Non-Printable". Note that enabling both parameters causes the comment field in the export to always be blank.
Configuration Manager Contents