- In QuickBooks limit the Account Names to no more than 40 characters.
- In QuickBooks create an account named Keystroke Sales with type Checking. This account should always have a zero balance.
- In QuickBooks create an account named Accounts Receivable with type Current Asset (the account type must NOT be A/R - Receivables). QuickBooks will not transfer data into any account of type A/R.
- In QuickBooks create an account named Sales Tax with type Current Liability (the account type must NOT be A/P - Payables). QuickBooks will not transfer data into any account of type A/P.
- In Keystroke enter the QuickBooks Account Names in the Posting Account Number fields.
- In Keystroke run the Sales, AR, Purch... function and enter the appropriate Date/Time range.
- In QuickBooks select Set Up/Customize - Back Up/Restore/Copy Company Files - Import Company Data.
- In QuickBooks enter the name of the export file created by Keystroke (it can be found in the Accounting Link Setup Parameters File Name field).
- In QuickBooks specify "No" to Special handling for transfers. QuickBooks then imports the journal entries.
Available Parameters when the QuickBooks for DOS link is selected:
Suppress Zeros flag
Update Lock Date flag
Purch - Use Dist Cost flag
Closeout - All Registers flag
Accounting Link Contents