Log In and Clock In are two separate functions.
To Log In, access the Change Clerk Utility by pressing [F4] or by selecting Change Clerk from the Utilities menu.
To Clock In, access the Time Clock by pressing [Shift]+[F4] or by selecting Time Clock from the Utilities menu.
When a Clerk Logs in:
- The Keystroke system is activated.
- The Clerk is recorded as the Clerk/Salesperson on all transactions (unless otherwise specifically assigned to a different Salesperson).
- The features and functions available for use are controlled the Clerk's Security Level.
- If the Clerk is currently Clocked Out, Keystroke will prompt the Clerk to Clock In. The Clock In prompt can be bypassed by pressing [Esc] in the Time Clock screen, allowing the Clerk to Log In without Clocking In.
When a Clerk Clocks In:
- The Keystroke Time Clock is activated (similar to punching in on a time card machine).
- If another Clerk IS currently Logged In, the Clerk Clocking In IS NOT Logged In and IS NOT recorded as the Clerk/Salesperson on all transactions.
- If another Clerk IS NOT currently Logged In, the Clerk Clocking In will be prompted to Log In after their Clock In has been completed.
- The features and functions available for use are always controlled by the Security Level of the Clerk who is currently LOGGED IN.
Time Clock - Clock IN Screen
Time Clock - Clock OUT Screen