Tax Tables contain Tax Formulas that define Sales Tax rates applied to Customers to which the Tax Table is assigned. Tax Table Codes are used to identify Tax Tables and assign them to Customers.
Setting up Tax Tables:
- Select Tax from the Configuration Manager Tables menu.
- Select Tables (Customers) to display the Tax Tables (Customers) screen showing the list of Tax Tables currently available.
- On the Tax Tables (Customers) screen, press [Ins] to create a new Tax Table (press [F3] or [Enter] to edit an existing Tax Table's Name, or press [Del] to delete a Tax Table).
- On the Tax Table screen, enter 1 to 4 characters in the Table Code field to define the Tax Table. It is recommended to use A-Z and 1-9 numbering for Table Codes. If no more A-Z / 1-9 code combinations are available, press [Ins] in the Table Code field to display the list of available ASCII characters. A Tax Table Code may be designated by any character as long as it is not already being used.
Note: The wild-card character "*" may be used in a Tax Table Code. For example, Tax Table LAE=Los Angeles East could be used to tax Customers in East Los Angeles and Tax Table LAW=Los Angeles West could be used to tax Customers in West Los Angeles. Tax Table LA* may then be used on a Tax District/Formula to include both East & West Los Angeles Customers.
- Enter a descriptive name for the Tax Table in the Name field.
- Create the necessary Tax Formulas.
Applying Tax Tables to Customers
Tax Tables - General Information
Configuration Manager Contents