Keystroke may be configured to print Invoices, Orders, Statements and other documents to PDF files using Keystroke's built in PDF writer.
To set up PDF printer(s) in Keystroke:
Navigate to the Configuration Manager, Hardware, Printers menu. Configure a printer as follows:
- Name=Invoice PDF File
- File= Enter a filename such as Invoice&.pdf.
The ampersand ("&") character is a token that is replaced with the full Invoice Number, including the sub-letter if one exists.
In addition to just the single ampersand, a letter code between 2 ampersands may be used to specify additional tokens to be replaced. Only tokens that the document type has defined can be used.
Additional Port setting tokens currently available include: &C& which is replaced with the Customer Number, &V& which is replaced with the Vendor Number, and & which is replaced with the Transaction Number only (no sub-letter).
If just a file name is entered for the File= setting, the PDF is saved in the Keystroke installation folder. Include a file path to save the PDF elsewhere (i.e. C:\Keystroke\PDF\Invoice&.pdf).
Note: other printers may be configured for different purposes (PurchaseOrder&.pdf, Statement&.pdf, etc.).
Set up the Company Logo (Advanced POS Only):
In Configuration Manager, navigate to Settings, Name/Address.
- Select the [Logo] button at the lower left of the Company Information screen (only seen when using Advanced POS).
- Browse to locate the desired logo graphic. The example image, Keystroke\KSImages\KSAdvPOS.jpg, is 500x237 pixels and prints in the upper left of the printed form(s).
Printing Invoices, Orders, and Quotes from Sales Manager:
In Configuration Manager, navigate to Tables, Print Buttons, and select SM: Sales. Two Print Button example settings:
- Form1 = INVGreen.NVC (Invoice form with Green Background and Company Logo)
- Uses the file KSImages\InvoiceGreen.jpg as a background.
- Select a Printer with the PDF Port file set to Invoice&.jpg.
- Form1 = QTEBlue.NVC (Quote form with Blue Background and Company Logo)
- Uses the file KSImages\QuoteBlue.jpg as a background.
- Select a Printer with the PDF Port file set to Quote&.jpg.
Configuration Manager Contents